Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No Room at the Inn

Ugggggh!! Well we got up this morning bright and early at 5am to get ready to leave for the hospital. We were supposed to be there at 6:30. Unfortunately, we got a phone call telling us there was no room available until they discharge some patients today and they would call and let us know when to come in. Since then we received another phone call telling us that my Doctor definitely wants to get me in there today and we should be able to go in at 1pm. Apparently all was quiet up until last night and then the flood gates opened and they had 9 deliveries just last night. Lucky for me they have 6 patients that will be getting discharged today by lunchtime. So....maybe we will have a baby by late this afternoon. We'll post pictures soon! :)

4 comments:

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

Good luck today! Hope you get in sooner than later :)

Kory said...

at least they still want to get you in today! can't wait to see pictures of the newest Edmund!!!

Kristen said...

My fingers are crossed for you!!! Good luck today!!!

Ski Trip said...

Oh the joys of having a baby at Western Wake. They pushed me back for a week when Dalton was born. I was so mad. I finally got a phone call to come in right as I did go into labor and had to go anyway.
Can't wait to meet that beautiful baby!!