Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am a child of God

Tonight as I was fixing dinner I noticed a splotch of lipstick smeared on the edge of the countertop. I wiped it off and then wondered where in the world it came from. Johnny said that he had found my tube of lipstick sitting on the glasstop stove and put it back in my purse. I instantly knew that Rachel had messed with it. I checked it out and sure enough my close to brand new, expensive, Mary Kay lipstick was not so new looking anymore. I was so frustrated and looked at Rachel and said in an exasperated tone "why can't you leave mommy's things alone?" She said (in an adorable voice I might add) "I sorry mommy" and then in her own exasperated tone of voice said "i a child of god and he sent me here" (the only part of the song that she knows and sings all the time). The timing was perfect!!! Johnny and I just both busted out laughing! Once again...she was saved!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

How funny!!! There really is no response to that other than to just love her. :)

Elizabeth said...

Aww! Sorry about your lip stick, but that was just too cute!