Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My "blog title" disclaimer

Okay, so yesterday I was at a Dr.'s appt. and the nurses were oohing and aahing over Jacob and asked if he was my first baby (I always get a kick out of this question). I told them no and that he was my last baby (the caboose) and that he was number 8. One of the nurses immediately asked me if I had seen a reality show on cable tv about a couple who have 8 children (twins and sixtuplets) called "Jon and Kate plus 8" (not sure if that's how they spell it) and I told her no that I had never heard of it before and that we don't have cable (apparently it comes on TLC). So...for the record...when I created my blog I sat down and tried to come up with something creative and original (or so I thought) for our blog title and "John and Marie plus 8" is what I came up with. I had a couple of comments from people that they liked our blog title...now I'm wondering if that's because they are fans of that reality show. Oh well...we've been working on our crew of 8 for 20 years...I'm keeping "MY" blog title, haha!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

That's so funny!!! Maybe TLC could hire you to come up with cute names for shows. You apparently have a gift. :)

I would love to see people's reaction to your saying you have 8 kids. I get a reaction when I say four, so I'd love to see them respond to you. :)

Amanda said...

I totally thought you got your blog title from that show. My kids love that show so we watch it all the time. I can't believe you've never heard of it. That's too funny.

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

I love the show! Your blog title is great regardless of the show.

Elizabeth said...

I've actually heard of the show (someone on a message board mentioned it once), so I watched one episode, but didn't care to follow the show. I never made the connection between that show and your blog title though. I love YOUR blog title! :)